HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our next Training Day

We had to stop the oiling of the teak due to some scratches that surfaced. I have to commend Gagan on that he saw them and said he could sand them out. So he has successfully and we will start again with the oiling tomorrow. Anybody who sees that top is impressed. It is mainly the sink cut out that does it for people, it has such a bold look.
Job b67 is starting to fill up the paint room and drying area. The install for job b58 should be getting under way with in a month can't wait for that. That will open up some space for b67 in the finished goods area. I am prepared to have two installs going at the same time b67 and b58. I think that b58 will primarily go first. That gives me about three weeks to finalize the designs I am working on now. Once the installs start I will lose the majority of my day time. I will need to have work for the team laid out just as if I was away on vacation. Getting time that is uninterrupted is crucial for success, and I can get that out on the installs.
Sondu when you come back to work we can really use you in the finishing area and engineering. Ventura has shown strength in touch-out work or stage three install. In engineering we need you to do more of the shop drawing break downs, and installation instructions.
The design work that I am doing interest me very much and i find it very challenging. My Auto CAD tutor told me that my people would start the drawings and I would finish them. I find that so hard to imagine, it seems to me that the only way to do things is for me to start the drawings and have my people finish them.
Esteban is going to start the wet bar for job b67 tomorrow. I reviewed the shop drawings with him for that today. I was startled at the amount of information that I left off the lay-out. When I refined the lay-out and prepared it for the bench man I also made an install list of parts that can be checked off as the job moves thru production. I think I focused to much on that parts list and not what dimensions and instructions the crafters need.
I think that this weeks training day should be focused on the shop drawings and how that information is presented. I don't want to do a lecture on it I want to sit with the team and talk about what would make their jobs easier and what information is importnat to them. That will have to be monday or tuesday since Gagan is out tomorrow and Saterday

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home