HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

another busy day

This weeks focused work load in the shop is primarily b67. I am very pleased with the progress, we will be so prepared for this install. I am now turning my focus to the items that are most important to the progress of the job and that is the base cabinets which support the counter tops. As soon as I start the install everyone will want to know when we can have the counter top template guys on site. So tomorrow I will send over to the print shop drawings of the wet bar, and the master bath vanity and cabinets. Those will be next to be built. After that we will start with the frig panel for the kitchen and the two base cabinets at the range. It won't be long until I am 80% fabricated with job b67.
I stopped in quickly at job a61, The owner of that project wants another bin similar to the ones we just finished, for his pool. We are also waiting to get some plans from his architect for an exterior bench that I am looking forward to building.
Job b78 is well under way now it is another kitchen. It is a small kitchen and also a fast track job. I told the client today that we could have the job ready in a few weeks, which is true. It is small and not very difficult, and it will require no more than what my team is excellent at. IT is a clear cherry kitchen full overlay style, with shaker style doors, a few drawers, smooth frig panels, stainless steel fronts on appliances. It seems to easy to be true. It will be interesting to see how it turns out and how well we do at it. If I apply all the things that we have applied lately than it should be easy. Basically we break down the install into phases and itemize all the parts. One of the best things about b78 is that it is near one of my favorite lunch places, Boca Grande on Mass Ave. Cambridge.
I installed at a33 today in the afternoon, some closet cabinets. More like closet shelving I felt like California closets. But no matter it was a profitable exchange for me, mostly because I had Maruo help me. He is a building maintenance guy who graciously offered his help, including the clean-up and bringing the merchandise into the building and up to the 5th floor. He saved me an hour of work easily. And on an $800.00 job that hour is where you make a profit, also I didn't get the anticipated parking ticket so I made another $75.00 there. I had good luck with the parking gods today.
Also late in the day I started to oil another teak counter top at the shop. We have to replace a teak top that we installed about 9 months ago. The wood top was glued up incorrectly, and warped shortly after install. I am forced to replace it. It is a costly endeavor I spent $900.00 an the material alone, and my install time will be free taking about a day and a half of install let alone the labor to make it and finish it. But no matter, I like the top and enjoy doing the work so it out weighs the loss. The grain of this piece is very clear and it h as a wonderful natural color. There is a under mount sink in this top, so that adds quite abit to the look of the top. Seeing the cut out in such a thick piece of wood is impressive to me, so I can't imagine how it looks to the lay-man. Gagan did such a nice job making the top he is really a very talented wood worker.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home