HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Colonial Style

I am really focused on designing right now. I have two kitchens that I am working on right now. Where do I go for inspiration. Primarliy I go to my own library, where I have a collection of books both new and old. The last book I bought is called Colonial Style by Treena Crachet. I am not crazy about colonail style but I have to say that as far the cabinets and woodwork go there is much to be offerd. In the cabinets I think colonial is one of the more creative. they did things that really stood out and were different yet very functional. Nothing worse than a cabinet that looks great but has no function. People want both, great looks and high functionality. One of the biggest challenges that I am facing with desinging is using the computer. All of my designs are done in AutoCad 08, I can't seem to get the curves that I want on the computer. I mean I can't draw curves the way I can freehand. I know that it is possible to do so but one I don't know how and two it is a completely differnet expereince. I really need to find another AutoCad tutor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home