HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the training continues or apprende conseguir

Sondu I've thought about the kaizen event as you've read and it is circular. this is what I picture. Engineering does everything, they spec out the face frame, they spec out the box dimensions. the only difference that unit 4 will have is that it won't be assembled until the face frame is built so we can perfectly align the sides of the cabinet with the side of the face frame. Certain parts can be described by the engineering to be cut with overages allowed to be trimmed at final assembly. I know you've said that it puts a lot of pressure on engineering. And I respect that opinion. I also think that that is the purpose of engineering, the head scratching of everybody. we should consider our next kaizen event being on how we present this info to the team. A standard format of the shop drawings. Feel free to chime in Sondu if you have any relative thoughts.


As far as our training day this week coming up. I'm planning on doing a classroom session. The topic ill be the three tool box sets that we and how they are designed and the contents of which have a specific intent. I'm hoping to get some plotter size drawings completed for props.

I almost forgot, today I had the pleasure of stopping into one my favorite place to do business. Boulter Plywood. The buys at boulter plywood in Somerville are always happy to see you no matter who you are. There is always an air of telling jokes. They always eager to serve and help you find what they need. I don't pretend to do marketing for them but they have just about every kind of plywood you could think of, and hence have a pretty big nation sales. I typically buy whole sale plywood and lumber. But when I started out I had to shop their place all the time. I made some great relationships. I go their now for random one plywood sheets, also for hardwood. They are the only supplier locally of hardwood timber, it's all dressed mind you so no good to me(we like to dress our own wood). But when I've forgotten to get that piece of 8/4 at my usual spot I know that boulter will have in their well organized basement. Which happened yesterday and today I was getting dressed piece of 8/4 poplar. Boulter is sure to get many amention here on this blog, those gave have funny stories about me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home