HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Thursday, March 27, 2008

achieving our goals

Job a69 is wrapping up nicely. We have an intense day tomorrow, but I don't see any reason why we can't get it done. Both Gagan and myself will leave at the crack of dawn and drive to the job it will take us 90 mins to get there. We'll arrive at 7am. The doors that we are building for a69 are very impressive. Two out of the four are 2 1/8" thick, with glass panels. The size of the doors are daunting, the scale will really impress anybody. The good part is that all we are doing is hanging them and applying the weather stripping. Honestly that is my favorite part of installing the doors I find the hardware to be a bit boring. This job is our second municiple job, I hope we get many more. I like the municiple jobs, I like thier professionalism. The wood products are specified by architects. I like building things that are specified, it gives me great satisfaction that we can deliver goods per spec. It was a major goal of this week to complete a69 100%, and we will have done it barring and snafus tomorrow.

Esteban was able to ressume work on job b58 today. B58 is a major problem right now, the job is going no where and I mean the job site, it's like it's stagnating. I really don't like building cabinets this long before the install date. I don't like haveing all these cabinets hanging around the shop. It is a demoralizer to my team to see their work linger. I like cabinets to be built just as they are needed. However, b58 will be the best kitchen we have ever built and installed, it is a kitchen that I designed which makes me proud and all the more anxious to install and see it come into fruition. I think it will be ready for install in the next month perhaps a little longer we can only wait and see. I'm also excited about meeting the client and designer to find out about the their other cabinet needs. We have been talking about these for months but unable to make progress hopefully our scedualed meeting on Monday will finalize that and I'll be able to submit a proposal for that work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home