HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, March 17, 2008

monday grind

literally, I did more profiling today. I'm getting better at it. Though you may not see it, I really am. Today was super challenging I tried making a set of cope and pattern knives for set of doors. It was a mess, my wheel and guide are different sizes and all the widths didn't match up. I ended up having to customize the template while i was making the knife, how very unprofessional.

Today started out with a very positive upbeat staff meeting, I'm starting to think that the location of the meeting has something to do with that. We held our meting today by the window where the sun was shining in. I think it affected everybody, usually we have been holding the meeting on the other side of the shop.
Esteban held the meeting today, And again it was his ad lib that really left an impact on the other guys. Esteban has leadership skills, I think slowly he has been getting the confidence he really is a smart guy, I haven't reminded him of that lately.
We are working our way thru job a69 and b68. Things are going well. The real test of my profiling improvement will be on Wed. when we put the tooling to work. I think we can have these parts built by the end of this week, starting on Monday we'll be waiting for the glass only. We should squeak by the deadline. The install of b68 will have to be put off till early next week. shouldn't be a problem I think the client will be OK with that.
I feel like I came across a little snippy to a new client today, thru an email. emailing takes a conscience effort to insure proper meaning, and it so easy to miss communicate feeling. Definitely no place for sarcasm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home