HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

c66 is going well, we are I think over the hump relative to the install. All of the major cabinet parts are on-site and I think in, everything fits which is good because remaking major cabinet parts is a real drag and very time consuming not to mention expensive, also in the eyes of the consumer we are incompetent. It appears as thuogh we have some snags, some of which could have been caught back in the shop when we dry fit the cabinet. Some of our mistakes just have no reason for happening. We over looked the cut on two of the base cabinet tops, meaning that we had to return those parts to the shop and cut them and then paint them, bring them back to the job and install. all the time losing prescious time. We are lucky that this job is close to our shop, in fact that is a real advantage. Perhaps I should consider that when estimating.
We are also doing a little face lift on a vanity at job c66. It also is going as well as expected, I really don't like that kind of work, it's just that working around old plumbing is stressful, in the end the bathroom will be the better for it.
Tomorrow I will be installing b64, that is going to be high stress, another very demanding client, who will accept nothing less than perfection. It should only take one day as it is just one cabinet. But it is a bamboo cabinet, a different material than the normal stuff so repairs are going to be very tricky.
A69 is right on my heels wanting to know when I'm going to be installing, that also is very tricky. I'll have to make a few custom knives to pull that job off. Which isn't a problem but again it just takes time, which is something I don't have.
My first of five service calls is happening tomorrow. I'll be going to job a47 I think was the number for a consultation of the problem. we'll think of a game plan to service the problem. I know I said a few days ago that i wanted to do the service part for good reasons, but I don't think I have the time.
Best news of this week is that we have an old employee join us again, and man it is like a breath of fresh air. I have become so lieniant with my people and whats expected of them. That this new person Gagan is his name is showing these guys a work ethic that I don't think they new existed. I could not off asked for something better to happen to my team than Gagan's return. I have forgotten what was like to have him work for me. My buisness is the better for it. And for any of my staff reading this I say this: if the tide comes in all the boats rise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home