HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I made the second molding today from the knives I made on Sunday, everything went well. The molding came out perfect. I'm very excited about this because it opens up so many great opportunities differentiate ourselves in the market place.
Gagan and I moved the other jointer out into the shop today maybe we'll start to use that more and the second line of production will come in to play.
Late yesterday afternoon we finished c66. I know I've said this before but that cabinet came out so well. I can only imagine that the client must be so pleased, I certainly would if I had that cabinet in my house. One of the things I took from that job was the value of prefitting all the doors and drawer fronts in the shop. We used to fit those on the job site with primer only and then bring them back to the shop to be finished painted. IT worked well but it took longer and it is hard to fit a door and drawer fronts when the cabinet is installed. When we do it in the shop the cabinet is laying on it's back and it is much easier and faster. We also discovered how it easy it is to get the remote controls to work thru doors that are solid. We bought a part at Radio Shack for 39.95 that worked very well and was a sinch to set up.
I had to go to Raybern today to pay our bill and buy some more supplies. Raybern is a great business. They are located in Somerville Ma. in Teele Sq. They supply us with hardware that we use in our cabinets. Oddly enough they are the supplier of lacquer paint products which we use exclusively in our finishing department. I always have my eye's open for new clients when I'm there. Weather it's home owners or contractors. When i pulled up to Raybern today I noticed a contractors truck with the name H.B. Pratt builders or remodelers. I took down there company name and went inside with business cards ready to go. At the desk after some small talk I introduced myself to this prospect who utimatey was grateful for me doing so and may have a job for us to do. It made me realize that one, going to Raybern although I despise for its waste of time zI could have the stuff delivered with little aggravation could also be one of my best sources for meeting new contacts, as it is the primary shopping place for highend hardware and attracts the target client of mine. So as I try to live the modo of 08 which is "Delegate in 08", I should be concerned about the impact on who I can meet at these places that I don't want to goto anymore.
I met with a women today who wants a new entertainment cabinet built for her living room. It is a perfect job for me and my company. We could execute that with ease and perfection. We are building cabinets like the one she wants so well now, I don't think she could anyone to do it better. People just can't picture the difference between Kidder Blaidell cabinets and the competitions cabinets. I learned that it would have been useful to have pictures on my PC ready for viewing so she could see the difference. If I only had a picture of c66 to show her. I learned that today, that having pictures at my finger tips can be a very useful tool for educating my customers at how far in depth we are when it comes to building cabinets. And how beautiful our cabinets are. What we sell is an emotion, not only a cabinet but an emotion that you feel every time you come home from work and live with our cabinets.
I looked today at the possibility of doing a kitchen cabinet in Milton, the only road block I see is I don't get to meet the client. right now I'm only talking to the Designer. I don't think that the designer can sell my work, it'd be tough. If I can only get the designer to get in front of the home owner for 30 mins. I'm sure I could sell our work, I'd the laptop ready to go with all the needed pictures to convince the client that she couldn't get better cabinets or service anywhere else, because I know that she can't. I'll be bidding both those jobs, and also be keeping my fingers crossed, we need the work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home