HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Attention to detail

We recieved a great compliment today,

Job b64 had us today installing a music cabinet. Just myself and Andy went, the install went very smooth other than it raining today forcing us to switch vehicles with Sondu and Gagan who are installing c66 and could have used the bigger truck. The install took less time than I thought and was easier than I thought. I used the power plane alot today, I think we need to buy another one of those. We could have used a shop vac today as well and we should probally buy another one of those while we are talking about the tool purchase wish list. I'd like to find a smaller power plane that is lighter. The client at one point said to me: "I just can't stand work people who don't care about what they are doing. I could tell that you really care about what you do by your attention to detail." I take that as a compliment, it isn't how I'm dresses or how I can talk it's how attentive I am to the details that evokes feelings that I care about what I do. This is a very important point and it should be brought up at the next marketing meeting. Which is march 26. Also for that meeting I'd like to stress that it is not what we do but how we do what we do that is more important.

Thankfully the riengs of job a69 have come in, I was hoping and thinking they would. The job is not quite ready for us. Which gives me a little breathing room. I'll be able to give other more pressing jobs my attention, like a66, b67, b68, a72 just name a few. b67 being the largest project, a66 requiring special attention as it's a different kind of piece, it is fabrication and delivery only.

C66 seems to be progressing very nicely. We could improved on a couple of areas. our client doens't have hardware which means I'm reluctant to install the fronts becasue we'd then have to put the blue tape on the doors which stinks becasue it leaves marks where the adhesive residue remains. And the timing of the drawers is not really going great we could really use them right now, I better call and make sure those are coming. We can put the drawers slides on now that is not going to change, and the shelves. I haven't seen it yet since the crown molding and base has been installed so I'm anxciouse to see, we tried a new approach with the crwon molding, Sondo says the install was easy and Gagan says it looks killer, that is some good feedback.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home