HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Venting

The latest teak counter top was installed today. It went OK. I put the first scratches in it today. Not to happy about that, kind of ashamed. I didn't give it my best I was focused on the install and everything. I really should have had another person there to help me. It is a replacement top and I thought I would be able to handle it myself. Which I did just fine, it is that if I had another person there than I would not have scrathed it. I haven't heard from the client. That may be why I didn't give it my best I just have never really felt appreciated at this particular client's house. And I don't mean to blame anybody for the scrathes(which are very negligle I am a perfectionist) I just think that no appreciation leaves its mark on moral. The teak is drop dead gorgeous, and I don't think that any one will ever notice other than me. People will notice but they won't tell me. You know who will get the credit it's the contractor and the interior designer. which I suppose is the way it should be. It is the client who makes a difference by saying that they appreciate the work. To the contractor and the designer its just another job, I don't think their heart is in their work the way mine is. Going out to the job today alone was a mistake on my part, maybe that is why I don't have the jobs that I want to have now becasue I am viewed as an amature by the market place. Unrelaible enough to install a wooden top scratch free.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home