HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

everyday struggle

we started the install of b67 on saterday. Saterday is very important day for our company. One thing is that it a chance for the farm team to work, or rather a chance for me to get to work with the farm team. Anybody who starts out with Kidder starts out on the farm team workimg on saterdays.
The install went well everything fit as it was planned. One problem that I had which is a constant problem is the height of the pedestals relative to the finished floor. It is a constant problem for me. We ran into this problem again on Monday when I started the kitchen install of b76.
I know what is causing this. A ways back I decided we decided my team and I that the bench man who is building the cabinets should make the boxes after he makes the face frame to expedite the engineering process. When that happens there is a lot of ambiguity as to the height of the pedestal.
I have given this much thought over the last 24 hours. And I think I have a solution. We will incorporate Gagan's idea of fixing the pedestal height with wood strips screwed to the side of the pedestal. In conjunction with that I think that some type of leg leveler would also be good. I want to try and make all the pedestals the same height and then only change the width of the side strips. The leg levelers would come in handy when leveling the cabinet after it has been placed on the pedestals if need be. I need to think about this some more, but I know that our current operation needs to be improved because I am shimming up the pedestals by inches or chopping them down on site. Rarely it seems that the pedestals are the correct height.
The install of b76 is going very smooth, the only problem is that I don't have any time. The first day I was able to start was this Monday, and the client is moving in this coming Monday. That gives me one week, completely out of the question. This is amatuer hour by all means. Get real people.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home