HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, July 21, 2008

spying the competitors

I saw one of my competitors installations today. I am not going to say who it was but let's just say that they have much more time in the market than I do, and henceforth have a stronger name in the industry. All of their cabinetry that I saw today was primed only and being installed by a sub-contractor. The primed material was primed once and sanded once. So there was lots of sand thru, and it will require another coat of primer by the site painters.
There was a lack of a scribe where the base cabinet met the floor and now they will be forced to install some kind of a molding. The mill work was very unorganized, there were parts all over the place. Doors here, shelves over there, misc. parts lying about. Obviously they don't use the phases of the install that I do. I mean really does the client care when the shelves and the doors are delivered? No, so why bring them to the job they will just get in the way and likely to get damaged. When a sub-contractor installs the work you are bound to have confusion unless the sub has had ample time to study the plan and not only that but study the install syntax. Very seldom have I ever seen an install syntax. And that is why I use the install lists. Even I who have designed the cabinets from the start need a list, imagine just handing my cabinet plans over to an installer and saying you figure it out.
Anyways, the cabinets didn't look any better than mine, I don't know why they are so liked by this client, it tells me that the client just doesn't know who I am yet

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home