HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

estimating madness

Time flies by and I have been too busy to post. I am busy with estimating work. If I get all the jobs I have estimated(never gonna happen) I would have to much work. In this dubious economy I have had to branch out and try to develope some new contacts. I have been sucessful in that, but with it came a whole lot estimating. A long time ago I asked the owner of an old second generation buisness how many jobs he got out of what he bid. His answer was 1 in 10. I was dunb founded, if I ever had ten jobs to bid at one time that would be miraculous. Still, today I am no where near that ratio. I am probally 7 out of 10 that I bid I get. That tells me that my prices are too low and I don't have a broad enough flow of work coming in that I can bid. So I am always prospecting. It is a good buisness practice, having a constant flow of work is another reason I am always prospecting. Keeping my company of a sales rollercoaster.

B80 is coming together very well. I will have photos soon. Gagan is working very hard keeping a steady hand. These parts are very difficult to make, they are large and invovle many curves, some with radi 20' long. Gagan had to make loads of templates. We are building the parts out of Okoume plywood. very expensive material cheaper than wood and easier to work.

Estaban has begun working on b77 our next kitchen, it has a corner sink. I have a sweeping tyoe of curve coming into the edges of the sink. typically the corner sink have sharp corners, this design should soften the look. The counter top guys will moan at the increase of thier work, they are making the sink which is the best way to do a farmers style sink if you ask me.

Ventura has been painting b67 non stop since we got the paint. It is loading up nice and we are anxisous to start the install.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home