HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

what is manufacturing

We had problems today with the plans for c78. When I sent in the revised plans to be printed I accidentally sent over the originals. So I wasted a trip to the printer. When I delivered the a61 cabinet I forgot the doors and the shelves. a61 is a beautiful pool box type cabinet that Esteban finished,which Gagan started on Friday. A great example of how we are manufacturers and not just craftsman or artist. You see one person started the cabinet and a different person finished it. And then the boss dropped the ball on delivery. A classic, but no that defines manufacturing, one person starts what others finish. my First point is why didn't I spend more time thinking before I left the shop to make sure I was fully loaded. Why didn't I spend the few seconds thinking before I email the wrong plans.

Anyways, c78 install is going to happen tomorrow as planned, I will start the install in the afternoon.. Thursday morning I will brief Gagan and lead him to complete phase 2 of the install. Then I will go in and confirm my specs for the fronts and all parts for phase 3 install where we bring it home. We have two weeks to get ready, stay tuned. I'd like to point out here that Esteban built the cabinets, myself and gagan will install and Ventura will apply the finish. Again manufacturing as a effective work group. People with different skill sets working in harmony, handing off goods, aligning people's individual strenghts. This is what we are working at all the time.
The oven cab for b58 won't be ready until Friday minimum. So Gagan will have to install that cabinet by himself this weekend, and may need help from Esteban or Ventura. I am out for the weekend, although, I will have my laptop with me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home