HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Solid Works

Last night I loaded solid works onto my pc. It is a three dimensional drawing tool. It is made by the same people that made autocad so I should be able to open an autocad file in solid works and turn it into a three dimensional. That is pretty advance to start with I will probably just be making images for in house purposes and training. The software interest me because of how it integrates so easily with cam software, which is post processing software for a cnc machine. Which I am hoping to purchase sometime in 09.

I have completed the shops for c78. That job is a small kitchen. We look at it as a opportunity to practice our technique. I broke the job down in the shop drawing phase. it has 11 cabinets, 4 pedestals, and some standard items. I made a list of all the parts and also I made an installation order. So on the first day of the install I will have exactly what I need to install. And then the second day and so on. I am figuring a three to four day install period. where phase one is taking two days phase two takes one day and phase three one day. With a small job like this we can easily see what makes sense to be installed in phase two or three.
We have already started build c78 so our install will begin this coming week.

I went to b67 this week which was scheduled for install mid June. I think we will be holding finished cabinets for a little bit there. Luckily we have the room so its not a problem. But it is a good example of how the schedule in residential constructing is so fluid. Time lines are always changing and being renegotiated. We really have to be flexible with our installation schedule.
I have alot of new work to bid out this week, and a meeting with a potentially new client FBN Construction. I am excited about that, they are in the fantastic 12 that I mentioned earlier from the RDC show. Also, I should be hearing about some other work that I bid out, that is weather or not I got the jobs.
I have the shops completed for the oven cabinet at b58. I could not complete them because I couldn't get the exact specs of the appliacnces when they were combined. This is a oven, warming drawer stack. When they are combined up it gets complicated to figure on how they assemble. For me it is much easier to just get the appliances and measure them directly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home