HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, June 23, 2008

touch-up problems

The 10 gallons for b67 has arrived and we will start to paint all the cabinetry, and ready for installation.
We have to buy more paint for b58, bummer because the second batch can be sometimes a little different than the first batch, We have painted most everything that is together and all that is left is the molding and some other cabinets that are across the room.
We should start building b76 by the end of this week. that is a job that we haven't talked to much about other than design. It is a very attractive kitchen designed by Jackie Whalen of Whalen interiors. I would call it English country style, it will have a glazed finish which has always been a challenge for us. Now I think we will handle it better because we are actually ahead of schedule. It is easier to do things when you have more time. We work well under pressure and I think I excel when the pressure is on. When we have the comfort of time we drop the ball less.
We did some touch-up on a job in Cambridge today for an a rated client. It didn't do to smooth. I should have put it off until today but chose to do it today and we ran out of time because we had to h ave our bi annual meeting. Sometimes i feel like such a loser why can I plan better. I need to spend more time working up my plan of attack. The bigger mistakes today were this: The paint was supplied by others and we were not used to working with it, We didn't bring all the right tools, I chose to buy a spray can that we could spray any paint through, the device was a joke it through out a hideous mix of paint with no room for adjustment. We need a portable spray device that is professional grade. And then on top of that the finish that was on the cabinets to begin with poor. These are manufactured cabinets, the gc my a rated client(new mind you)should have used us to build the cabinets. I think he'll use us next time.
Then we had our bi-annual meeting with the staff. it was awkward as usual. My guys are shy and don't seem to have anything to say. I think that I need to do something different next time to get these guys relaxed to the point where they will open up a little bit. The weekly staff meeting is better than the bi-annuals. The bi-annual has a weird feeling to it. We are all craftsman and in some cases anti-social, creative types. I take it all to personally, I shouldn't. I have got some ideas on how to relax things for next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home