HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Friday, June 27, 2008

my position

things are going great for the company now. The team is working as seamlessly as ever, we are able to obtain all the materials that we need, our infastructure is holding up, and the phone continues to ring. We took a fast track job this past week and completed it in 48 hours. Only because we work together as a team can we do that. Doing small quick jobs is a big part of our position in the market place with general contractors or construction managers. Some times design changes come up quickly and their man power is otherwise occupied, and you can't always build everything on a job site. That is where our shop comes in. It is important to remember that we can only do this if we are ahead of schedule in our production otherwise we wouldn't have time.
Our position in the market place is varied. We have different positions going at the same time. We don't view the homeowner with a cabinet job the same way that we view a general contractor who uses us over and over again. Both of these positions are equally important, and I can see this business surving on either one. I have chosen to build both positions for this company.
The painting of b67 is coming along very well. Esteban will be making all the pedestals for those cabinets next week. I will start to formulate the install lists and delivery order. I was at the job earlier this week for a look see. The plastering is underway. The floors would be the next thing to go in before the cabinets but we will have to see how the client wants it.
B58 really could use my attention. I have got to get going with the remaining parts and assembly. But you know I cannot I ma held up right now by the hood not being connected, and I can't close in the hood. So we wait. also the electrician needs to connect the in cabinet lighting at the desk, he may have done that by now. I will need to stop by next week and check it out.
That could be one of my biggest challenges. I don't get up to date info on job progress. I could really use video of the job site so I can see what is happening and make my install plans accordingly. That will never happen. Having someone on the road making deliveries and checking the status, that I see, that we would call the expediter. Just like in big restaurants. That is the model, my shop is the kitchen, job sites are the tables. One person is in charge of the kitchen, and one person is in charge of the tables.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home