HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Saturday, August 9, 2008

on the cuff

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. He said "Jeff you are working on the cuff, you are trying to do everything, sales, managing, book keeping, etc. People won't take you seriously because you are working on the cuff. It takes a lot of money to run a legitimate business. You are succeeding because you are working on the cuff."

Truth is he is right. I am working on the cuff. It doesn't effect the work, we are still producing quality cabinets, just look at any of them that are out there in the shop right now. I don't know how else to do it. We couldn't afford to hire an office person. Sure businesses that are much older than mine have office people, but they also must have bigger jobs perhaps they are more profitable because of how and what they do. For the early years they probably worked on the cuff as well.

I like the cuff. I think that working on the cuff is my edge, it will allow me to break ahead of the competition. Working on the cuff is where we do our best work, we are a grass roots company, we started with nothing and now we have a permanent position in the market, all that because of the cuff and our ability to navigate through the cuff. I have seen bigger and better shops, and I see that they are above the cuff but they have also lost there mojo. You have to be very careful when you leave the cuff that you don't get content to sit back on your laurels. When operating on the cuff you are the market aggressor. And I always want to be the market aggressor. That is a key part of how I plan on being a dynasty company, by remaining the market aggressor. And threatening companies that are above the cuff with all there overhead and over paid staff wasting time and company resources. I want to stay in the cuff indefinetly, long live the cuff. It is where we dwell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home