HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Sunday, September 13, 2009

new book

I have started reading a very good book it is called "the goal". it is about manufacturing. The premise is eliminating constraints, and increasing throughput. I really like it so far and have a hard time putting it down, I think it will have a profound impact on how I view my business. I have been thinking more about the wood shop lately and what markets we compete in. So far we do a little bit of everything, which is great in this economy because I have always said that whoever is trained in the most platforms will survive. Other than general survival now I am focused on specializing in providing kitchen cabinets hence my membership and involvement in NKBA, in providing custom furniture to Interior designers, and providing GC's with general mill work. all of these area's I am "not" interested in a public name for myself but wish to sell to the trades and fly under the radar, and in affect help the individual trades make a better name for themselves. KBWC is a job shop that works with wood and similar products I am trying to market to different segments that use woodwork.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home