HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

job site realities

the other day I went to do a final install at a small job, just one cabinet. MY final install is where we install the doors and drawers and any shelves, it is the last time I will come into contact with the product. I checked twice to make sure that the job site would be open and I could do my job. When I got to the job the cabinet was covered in plastic all taped up and the painters where preparing to spray all the trim in the house. This happens more than I would like to admit. It's not that it is bad management it's just that the job is managing itself and my clearance comes from people who are not always in touch with the day to day conditions or schedule of the site. So I have to chose how am I going to react, I can leave and chose to come back, or I can try to find out what the real needs are of the painters. In this case I found that had about 2 hours of time before they needed to spray, just enough time for me peel back there plastic and install the fronts and drawer boxes and put the tape back over the cabinet. It added about 20 minutes to my job that day, not that big of a deal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home