HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

NKBA

I don't think I have mentioned this but I really should. I joined the NKBA national kitchen and bath Association this year. with in that group I have begun to pursue a certificate, known as Certified kitchen Designer CKD for short. I have come to have a great deal of respect for the association, at first I was really depressed at how much I didn't know after 12 years of being in business and a lifetime of woodworking. The first test that I am preparing for is for an Associate desinger certificate, it a 200 question test based on 10 books that the NKBA writes. I have been studying these 10 books over the past 2 months, with the hope of being able to take this test in March. I know that is a long time away but I am not the academic type and I learn slow. The info that I have been learning has been so useful to me and I apply it almost everyday. It is so funny to me how the things that I struggle with relative to design are articulated and explained in these books. My purpose for doing this is to help my clients when designing their kitchen and baths.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home