HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What makes us different

One of things that is hardest for our clients to understand is how we operate our shop and the creative process behind it. During the bottle neck of q4 08 one of my clients came to me shouting "I thought all this was built already". To a degree we do in fact build as much as possible before hand. But some of it has to be built as we go. Truth is generally speaking the job site can change with out me knowing, and I am expected to accommodate those changes, which is fine, but to do that I leave some ends unfinished. I know where my variables are and I wait and see what the job site will dictate. This is frustrating for the client but also it is where the highest value is obtained by the client. This is where my cabinets look like they grew in place as opposed to 6" fillers and the such.

We have been working on job 77 the past few weeks, I have been doing the install this week and I am very pleased with how that has been going. We started with the top first, that is we installed a pedestal of sorts at the ceiling and then we are working down. WE installed the soffit his week and it is at this point proving to be a very good idea, as the bottom of the soffit is co-planer and all the inside and outside corners will be perfectly square. We have one last piece to install and the frig panels and I will be able to install all the upper cabinets. Once that happens the kitchen will take on a level of completion.

Gagan's mahogany doors are coming along very well. All five of them are glued up and they will be sanded and molded ready for finish next week. Esteban will make the moldings, Ventura will install the moldings.

My team is working very well right now. Last few weeks we have brought our "a" game. I know this by productivity and quality. I hope I can keep this existing team together, we are putting out the best work ever right now, in very fast turn around times, I know that some of my clients would beg to differ with me on that (the timing thing that is) but you just don't understand the quality and how long it really takes to do what we do and the amount of work that we need in order to stay in business. One of my clients said to me of Gagan who was working on there project, "he really cares about what he is doing". I would present to any of my clients how hard it is to find anybody who "really" cares about what they do, I mean some one who serves the cause. At KBWC we really care, it is not a sales con, fact is we really do care. That is what makes us different.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home