HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, November 2, 2009

a good monday for the team

we had our staff meeting today. We laid out the weekly goals and talked about the long range goals for the rest of the year. We have room for two more jobs that I am hoping to get this week, all my marketing activities of this past year have gotten our work in progress back up to normal levels. So unless these two jobs fall thru I will be sold out until January.

I have made some changes to the weekly goal sheet that I give out at the staff meeting. I started to lay-out a note taking format on the back side of the sheet. Everyone's phone number is now there. I show all the prospective work that we are bidding. And then I show all the current jobs in list format and in a cash flow graph. This way I can manage our responsibilities based on the payment forecast and make sure that they are aligned. The better jobs are the ones where clear production milestones are laid-out in advance and when they are met payment is made immediately. When that happens you have business harmony.

both Gagan and Esteban had some good ideas today. Gagan made a last minute decision to switch tasks with me so I could work on profile machine, instead of driving. quick thinking and observation on your feet gagan. Esteban suggested that we use a close color on the back side of the doors in order to stretch out what last color we have for a job. The back of the doors would be only a shade different. We have a few jobs moving thur the shop that are very close in color. Good thinking Esteban why waste material if we don't' have to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home