HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Sunday, June 28, 2009

beatiful work here

the pictures of the awning are of last week. I installed the awning, Gagan made the parts from shop drawings that I made. WE used okoume marine grade plywood for the brackets, which are mortised together and then bolted to the walls. You can see a notch in the bracket where the ceiling panel(also made at that shop) slides into the bracket greatly reducing the amount of install time. The roof was framed up of 2x4 fir, built in place.

The next photo is of our most recently completed kitchen. I took a photo of this same cabinet sometime ago. title "my favorite cabinet". I still feel that way, there is something special about this cabinet that makes me really like it. Not to mention how the whole kitchen came out. on arched top doors like this we cannot use concealed hinges because of the pivot point of concealed hinges. the door binds at the arch because the door pivots inside the face frame. So we are forced to use barrel hinges, I like the added look of elegance. not to mention the quality, they out perform the concealed hinges. concealed hinges have some advantages that need to be mentioned, they self close, and also have soft close mechanics. barrel hinges like these require a magnet to hold them in closed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home