HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

electrical penetrations

This picture below shows how I cut in a single gang box. This cut out is designed to accept what we call an old work box. I like the metal boxes the best, they have little flanges that go one the ends and it slides from the front into this opening and then the flanges are screwed to the surface. I have made so many of these cuts that I don't have to measure the box anymore I can draw it directly on the mill work. Then I drill with a 3/8" bit at the corners and in the center where the receptacle screw goes. After that it is just a couple of cuts with the jig saw. I usually ride the jig saw on a protective surface so it doesn't mark the mill work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home