HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Friday, April 17, 2009

modeling a restaurant

staff meeting is really the most important thing to me each week. that is where the rubber meets the road. The staff doesn't realize that, but it's true. I think that we will also being having a production meeting on Wednesday or Thursday morning just to review progress. we will also discuss production needs material and tooling. Now the guys look to me for leadership and inspiration, but the ideal team will use the staff meetings not for inspiration but for help and direction and to offer what they observed during the past week and how we can improve that.

Job 107 is going beautifully, we fell slightly behind this week, but otherwise it is going well. I am taking many pictures of this job and will be posting them soon. Not because they are very glamorous but instead for teaching purposes in house. 107 is in many ways using everything that Hungry Coyote cabinets is all about. the thing that sets 107 apart from hungry coyote is the finish. But the technique of how we are executing the job is hungry coyote, for example it is all full overlay cabinets. but what is more is how we are executing the job. We are modeling a restaurant. we are using standard techniques and modifying the dimensions. SO instead of me giving the bench man huge elaborate shop drawings that they need to decipher I am giving just what they need as I need the parts, I write the parts as the job is progressing during the install giving us last minute ability to make changes, in both production and install sequence. install sequence is huge because the job site is always changing, as well as the schedule. the shop is the kitchen and I am the waiter, the job site is the table. I take the order during the install and client meetings I give the order to the bench man and install the work when the client needs it, many times the client is unaware of how I facilitate the job by bringing in only what they need when they need it. in the shop we are doing prep work as well as line cooking. prep work is where we build parts A and B that turn in to part C when they are assembled. We build parts A and B at different times in production mode with different staff, ideally the farm team is doing prep work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home