HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

how we do it

We have been working very hard this past week on job 77. Again we are modeling a restaurant. Here is how, I as the lead installer am in the roll of waiter, I am taking orders for cabinet parts based on designs and site conditions. I write them by hand on a prepared work order sheet in the same format every time, where all the info is and the bench man knows where to find it. I then take a digital photo of the work order for my records and then I give it to the bench man. the bench man like a line cook will produce the part, using as many prepared parts as possible made by a prep. cook or in my case a prep, woodworker. The finishing instructions are on the work order as well and the work order moves thrugh the shop with the part. This is working very well. before I used to try to identify every single part on a shop drawing or virtual model of the job. This became so intense with huge parts list. The job site is ever changing, in my metaphor the site is the table where I interact with the patrons me the waiter. The needs of the site change due to physical changes in the structure and scheduling changes. Our biggest growth challenges lie in the waiter area. To do what I do requires a good personality, and a true artistic ability, very hard working, and a very good understanding of how kidder blaisdell executes it's work orders.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home