HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Thursday, March 5, 2009

advantages of being on the cuff

busy times for KBWC. I am installing at job 104 now Julio and I that is. doing an install is similar to making a painting, or a drawing for that matter. the first line is always wrong. the first thing that I install is always in the wrong place. I was talking to a super high end cabinet builder with in a huge company that has loads of work and employees, he said "no that is not true, mistakes are for amateurs". Maybe he feels that because he is in a big company that has resources to handle all aspects of the job, engineering, production, scheduling, sales. Down here at cuff cabinets things are different, we have to rely on instincts, and team work, patience, and understanding. I don't consider myself an amateur, far from that, not a master either. But every single job that install it seems that where ever I draw the first line on the job it is in the wrong place, there comes something that I didn't consider, so we have to be able to change our game plan and react to the new circumstances. This gives us strength, instead of blaming each other about why it happened we simply move on to the solution. At KBWC we know that problems are going to happen, we focus on handling them quickly. this has trained us well, to the point where the customer can really benefit if they want to change something mid way we can handle that to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home