HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, September 29, 2008

staff meeting

We talked about dependency. We actually talked about a big lesson that we all had about dependency. The lesson may have been biggest for me. I admitted my mistake, or I realized my mistake. I got emotionally angry over some problems that we had in the shop, and sent our painter home for a few days. He seemed happy for the break. I remained furious and we have fallen behind in our work. Thank god for Gagan to challenge me and say, "hey man, we need this guy back". I can't ask for anything more than that from my staff, just challenge me. It shows that you really care about the success of the team.

Anyone who works for me will realize that I repeat the core values of being a team over and over again. A sense of dependency among the team members is value number one. I tore that value down when I sent the painter home. That is the lesson for me.

We talked about the goals, the economy, and maintaining our equipment. For a change I held the meeting in the paint room. The was very interesting, it ind of added an element of fun and laughter, which is hard to do. But it does it relax everybody, I am always open to ways to bring fun into the staff meeting. I think that for this business having the staff meeting first thing Monday morning is best. I know everyones got a sleepy head but when better to lay out the weeks objectives for the team than the first day of the week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home