HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday morning, gotta love it, and a rainy one at that. We had our staff meeitng today, some say that monday morning is a bad time to have it because people's minds aren't going to be on the job. There is porobally some truth to that, I think it is important to make sure that everyone has a clear idea of what the company is trying to achieve in this upcoming week. Today Esetaban ran the meeting, so it's $200.00 cash to Eseteban for that, anyone who volenteers to run my staff meeting gets $200.00 fast cash. Its a good thing to get these guys to run the staff meetings. One of the best parts of working on team is that we share leadership. Some really good things cvame from todays staff meeting. We talked about how anyone can pull the plug on production. That means any person who sees something wrong with a part a defect or something of the such has the power to say hey this one needs to be fixed it's not right. I wish all my people new when to say when and that they would stop what they are doing and fix problems as they see them and not wait until it is further down the line. We had to let one of our staff people go last week, now we are down to a four man team. The person we let go is going to be better off it, he has more skills than what we were using him for. I had to let him go becasue of money, we are in a cash flow slump right now, and something needed to be done. Cutting employees is not the best way to deal with that, but it is the most effective. I wieghed all the options before deciding to cut him lose, I looked at all the possible angles, I did what I think to be the best thing. We are fortunate enough to have a past employee coming back to work for us in two weeks, asnd we needed to to prepare for that in a cash flow sense. I let this employee down in the softess manner that I could, and hopefully he'll do work on a contract basis because he does have graphic art skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home