HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Thursday, February 14, 2008

At the end of today while mamanging the farm team I was sorting out my collection of knife templates that I have. I've got about 2500 different templates from band moldings to casings, to crown moldings, geometric shapes of all sizes, and even some really exotic ones. I'm seperating anything that really jumps out me, in order for a knife to jump out at me it has to have the right kind of curves, curves that come from elipses and parabolas. I'm also taking out any cope and pattern paris that I find. I'm wanting to make a different kind of glass door cutting set for my cabinet glass doors. I like what I'm currently using but I know that if I use what I envision then I'll be much better off. I've just started using my profile grinding machine and am very pleased with how it is working and also the results that I'm haveing. There is alot to profile grinding and there are many variables at play. I've got a long way to go, but it is one thing that will really be a differentiator market. I'll have tooling that will be unique to my company and difficult to copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home