HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Friday, February 15, 2008

Today I'm gluing veneer to a door. Should be successful the temperature is correct. I'll know for sure soon. I went to Raybern to pick hardware that I was silently elected to procure, sometimes I'm just to much of a nice guy, I had to correct some work today that had been done incorrectly by my staff, not to big of a set back, but standards must be met. I have to teach my people when to pull the plug and when not to pull the plug. Knowing that simple fact is very important, especially when you are asking your people to work in your absense. The hardware I spoke of earlier is being used to install four solid 1/4 sawn white oak doors that have an eliptical top, I'm hoping to use the doors as photographic flag ships so to speak. The install is very challenging and will require my utmost attention. We make so many doors that we can profit on that part but the installation skill set resides only in me among the staff here so I'm not happy about that. I have more improtant things to do than install doors. So I always try to opt out of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home