HOME
NEWS
GALLERYAboutCONTACT BLOG

Monday, February 1, 2010

plumb bob

 
here I am setting a door frame. Many comments come out from the guys near by when they see a plumb bob. One guy said to me "I haven't seen a plumb bob out on a job site in years". I don't know what to say, but this is how I learned to hang a door when I was 18 years old, that was 20 years ago. scary but true. I find this technique to be fool proof, the pieace that you see at the bottom of the jamb is temporary, it come outs at the end, but it is exactly the same size in width as the top piece, and cut exactly square. The plumb bob needs to fall on the center and the edge of the bottom board to ensure plumbness and keep the door frame coplaner.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home